Our environment determinates the kind of lifestyle we live in. A positive environment helps create a more positive lifestyle. Here are some things I would like to share on how to gain a positive lifestyle.
1. Keep an open mind. Be mindful that no man is an island and that you need to consider other people's ideas, advice and suggestions. Remember that it is always worthwhile to view things from another person's perspective.
2. Be optimistic and embrace the "can-do" attitude in everything you do. This attitude acts as a catalyst, a drive, to push you to achieve your goal.
3. Never give up, never lose hope. For many of us, hope is what gets us through a difficult situation.
4. Be forgiving of self and others. There is no benefit from harboring regrets or holding grudges. In fact, it is
universally agreed that the act of forgiveness can bring you inner peace.
5. Accept failures and learn from past mistakes. Nobody is perfect, not even a revered genius like Einstein.
6. Improve on existing relationships to ensure a more positive home and work surrounding. If the relationship is doomed for failure even after much effort has been put in, move on. Do not dwell in misery.
7. Keep good company and eliminate bad ones. Stay away from negative minded people if possible. Negative people only makes negative situation worse.
8. Choose to be happy! Every morning, look in the mirror, smile and say "I will be happy today" then work on staying happy despite whatever hardship is thrown your way.
9. Eliminate negative thoughts and focus only on positive ones. For instance, instead of focusing on your physical flaws, concentrate on your plus points. Whatever pluses you find about yourself will definitely outnumber the flaws. Get it all on a piece of paper and you will find this to be true.
I personally think positive thinking should be a way of life and it should be cultured from a young age. Inferiority complex may inadvertently be fostered to a child as they tend to be compared to their classmates in terms of their grades and skills. Therefore, as parents or guardians, you would have to keep a positive mindset in order to be good role models and instill the same positive values to your children. If you have positively, your children will tend to do the same. To reiterate, a positive environment helps create a more positive lifestyle and this can easily be achieved.